WMV onto DVD - Which program is best for Vista?

Cloggsy1 10:10 05 Feb 2009

I want to put some .wmv files onto DVD for viewing on normal DVD players. Which software do I need to do this please; freeware or otherwise?

Thanks in advance :o)

anskyber 11:03 05 Feb 2009

Have you tried the built in program of Windows DVD Maker?

Cloggsy1 11:38 05 Feb 2009

Yes, it says the video isn't 'Indexed,' so it cannot be imported :o(

eedcam 11:55 05 Feb 2009

Matters not your better off without it use dvd flick its free.Though wmv not the best of formats unless its always been wmv.Just add your files read the help section and you are ready to go
click here

Cloggsy1 13:19 05 Feb 2009

Thanks... I'm downloading it as we speak... Just out of interest, what is the best format eedcam?

Cloggsy1 13:35 05 Feb 2009

Similar problem here I'm afraid... Flick is telling me there is no usable video track :o(

T0SH 14:22 05 Feb 2009

There is what appears to be a freeware wmv to various other format converter here

click here

I have not tried it so unable to say for sure

Cheers HC

Les28 14:56 05 Feb 2009

I was going to suggest DVD Flick myself

click here

Can you open the file in Windows Movie Maker, or do you get a not indexed error with Windows Movie Maker if so maybe this will help to index the file and make it OK for Flick.

click here

Cloggsy1 16:38 05 Feb 2009

Re: Can you open the file in Windows Movie Maker, or do you get a not indexed error with Windows Movie Maker if so maybe this will help to index the file and make it OK for Flick.

I have downloaded and installed this file & it still won't open in Windows Movie Maker or Flick...

Les28 17:07 05 Feb 2009

So you've downloaded and installed Windows Media Encoder, then clicked Start\All Programs\Windows Media\Utilities\Windows Media File Editor, then in File Editor you clicked File, Open and then opened your wmv un-indexed file in Windows Media File Editor and from File menu, either 'save and index'(replaces original wmv file) or 'save as and index'(creates additional new wmv file) and your newly saved and indexed WMV file still won't open in Windows Movie Maker?

Cloggsy1 18:38 05 Feb 2009

I can't see a 'Windows Media' folder. Only 'Windows Media Player' or 'Windows Media Centre' :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017