wmplayer error

Emmodd 20:15 14 Jan 2006

Trying to play DVD's on the above (and other like software) and keep getting an error message saying the following:

AppName: wmplayer.exe
AppVer: 10.0.0.1646
ModName: ivivideo.am
ModVer: 1.0.0.1
Offset: 00013a8c

Now this worked earlier so i've no idea what i've done to create the problem or therefore how to sort it out. Any idea?

Many thanks.

Emmodd 23:32 14 Jan 2006

please

ade.h 23:37 14 Jan 2006

I can't tell from the above what codec you might be using. It is possible that it is to blame.

Can you let us know?

Stuartli 00:26 15 Jan 2006

Check from File Types that all types are Enabled and that DVD is also checked.

It would be worth downloading the standard K-lite codecs pack from:

click here

which will play virtually anything you require.

ashdav 01:55 15 Jan 2006

click here
scroll to bottom of the thread. It'll solve all your problems.

Emmodd 15:53 15 Jan 2006

Thanks for the help guys, still not working though. When i try to play a file from a dvd I get a "Windows Media PLayer has encountered a problem and needs to close...."

I've tried the VLC player and that seems to work. I yesterday tried installing InteractualPLayer and the problems seemed to begin then. I've uninstalled this but the problem continues.

Martin29170 16:14 15 Jan 2006

Hi, you haven't said which version of wm player you are using, I am having some similar problems with an error code that microsoft are still working to resolve.

However if your using WMP 10, I would hazard a guess that the file is referring to the codec from intervideo which is not compatible with windows media player 10.

To check this you can use the XP wmp decoder check utility which is available for download from microsoft. Installing a compatible codec will probably resolve the issue.

Martin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?