WMP11 repeats tracks on burning CD from mp3 files

old_codger 11:40 22 Sep 2009

I recently downloaded this latest marvel from MS and was suitably impressed with all the clever album artwork presentations etc. However, on preparing 20 mp3 tracks to burn to an audio CD, it found an error during prep phase prior to burning, thinking I had overcooked it, I deleted 1 track thinking there were too many.

I re-started and it burned OK with no reported errors. However, on audio playback T5 was the same as T4, and T8 same as T2, i.e. 2 repeated tracks. I deleted one more track and repeated burning, but still got repeat tracks.

I then tried my trusty Nero 6 and burned the same 19 tracks without error and playback was OK.

My writer is NEC ND-1300A, 2Mb buffer size, firmware Version:1.06.

Does anybody have any ideas what went wrong?

nob14 12:46 22 Sep 2009

If you click burn you can see whats going to be burnt in the list you dragged the files over to.

old_codger 18:00 23 Sep 2009

Hi nob14,
Thanks for prompt response. However, I think you must believe I am a 'doddery old fart' who doesn't know what he's doing. How did I manage to construct a burn list, with 19 unique tracks, then burn audio CD seeing the burn prep phase (as mentioned above), carried out on all tracks, and then the writing to disk phase, all completing correctly without being aware of what tracks were being burned?

In WMP11, I have discovered under 'Burn' tab >More Options...>Burn that the burn speed can be turned down. It would appear the default setting is 'Fastest'. I have reduced this to 'Medium' >apply setting and have now just burned another CD with 19 (unique) tracks and I am listening to the playback on separate CD Player. So far, its more than halfway through with no repeated tracks previously experienced.

So, if anybody else has repeated tracks on WMP11 burning audio CD try above fix.

Bye

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?