WMP11 Probs!

al7478 20:42 20 Jan 2007

Recently i decided i would enter the 21st century and make playlists in WMP11, instead of just playin straight from the folders in My Music, as I thought it'd save time. After a couple days, for some reaon various songs (quite a few) were not recognised when i tried to play them from the My Playlists folder (something to do with the file location, i think it said). So i ditched My Playlists and just made folders with the same songs as were in My Playlists and this worked ok. But I'd rather use playlists if i can get it to work...?

Another thing I wanted to do was change all my files to WAV, from mp3 and WMA (I know these are bigger but I only play music on my PC and I've plenty of space for it). After I changed everything, the songs would'nt organize into artist and into sections in my My Music folders, nor did they go into the relevant artist headings in WMP11 Library, I just ended up with a big list of songs in no particular order.

Finally (I think), is I would like to find a way to stop WMP11 simply adding whatever songs it finds, as I have some songs twice in different file locations, but when I go into Library, then Songs, I'd like each song to only appear once under the relevant artists name. Theres no need for a song to appear more than once, as I just want to look in the Library to see what songs I have, but I can cheque specific compilations (which I put on CDs for my car), by just looking in My Music where I save them after I've made 'em.

One suggestion I've had is to burn my music to a dvd and rip it again in wma in order to sort the folder display and library probs...? But this still leaves the problem of what the heck happenned with my plylists not being recognised, and im not sure theres any guarantee of success.

Many thanks in advance, I know theres rather a lot to take in!

al7478 22:29 20 Jan 2007

Please...?

al7478 13:59 21 Jan 2007

One of you great minds must have some thoughts?! Sorry to bump it again but I'm getting desperare.

toxin 17:02 23 Jan 2007

Hi al7478,

If I remember correctly, for WMP to sort the files in the various genre they must be in WMA format.

Why would you want to change them back to WAV?

change them if you want to do any editing, but save them to WMA with a variable bitrate and you will not lose any quality.

If you want to clear your library list, do a search for *.wmdb files, and delete them all and start again.

al7478 17:45 23 Jan 2007

Its ok ive gone back to wma and mp3. Why would i change them to wav for editing? and whats the advantage of variable bitrates?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?