wmp11 help required

tartanarmy 03:34 19 Aug 2008

i would like to prevent WMP11 from adding all my digital picture files (in fact all image files) to its database and playlists.is this possible and can i prevent any new additions as they appear in "my pictures" etc ? i deleted all images and set "more options" to exclude everything i could find but the database seems to be simply rebuilding itself.i was unable to set my documents to "ignore" . i've searched MS forums and sites to no avail.obviously MS think this is a great wheeze but i already have "my pictures" and "picasa" and backups,therefore i DON'T need any any more duplicates.thanks in anticipation.

tartanarmy

MCE2K5 01:54 20 Aug 2008

Open WMP11, Click Tools, Options, Library Tab,

Untick 'Retrieve additional information from the Internet'.

tartanarmy 00:51 22 Aug 2008

no mce,ah have this unticked already.i want to remove all images and keep them off wmp.as soon as i remove all the image albums ,the database keeps rebuilding.what i want is nothing ( apart from music and videos) in wmp but i can't find a way to prevent wmp re-installing all my digital images.e.g. in picasa i can set the search to exclude/include anything i want. i thought this would be available in wmp but i can't find any comparable settings.

MCE2K5 01:46 22 Aug 2008

Open Windows Explorer,
1. Click Tools, Folder Options..., Click View Tab, Move down to Hidden Files and Folders, Click in the O (Make it a Bullseye) Show hidden files and folders,

Then,
2. UnTick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).

Next, Delete All .jpg Files in the mp3 Directories,

Then Delete All desktop.ini files in said mp3 Directories (These .ini's hold information on How, What and Where to get Album info & Album Art).

e.g.
[.ShellClassInfo]
FolderType=MusicAlbum
MusicBuyUrl=providerName=User Feedback&albumID=0FF13698-3F96-4400-9869-F29D66DB7DA1&a_id=%20&album=The%20Great%20%20Composers%2006%20-%20Beethoven%20-%20Violin%20Concerto%20in%20D%2C%20Opus%2061&artistID=47DBE6CA-C079-4589-B96E-D405B5A6D907&p_id=%20&artist=Beethoven&locale=409&geoid=f2&version=11.0.5721.5145&userlocale=809

When finished all the deletes,

Go back to 1. & 2. and reverse the actions taken.

tartanarmy 05:41 27 Aug 2008

hi mce,having a "d'oh" time here !always have hidden files /folders showing.set #2 above as you said but have no idea where to look for mp3 directories.did a windows search.....nothing.have scoured any relevant folder i can find in docs and program files-nothing?
cheers ,TA .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?