WMP V9 - Up The Brightness

David4637 20:36 06 Nov 2006

When playing a DVD on my Lappy I find the that it is quite dull and needs brightening up.
I go to the menu bar View / Enhancements / Video Settings / alter the brightness slider, but it does not increase the brightness of the film, and the slider control immediately flies back to the middle of the slider (default). Same happens with the Saturation slider.
How do you get the sliders to work? Thanks David

David4637 12:42 07 Nov 2006

Has anyone used the brightness control (see above)to improve the DVD play back, it does not work on my WMP V9? Thanks David

NewestRoyWidd1 14:23 07 Nov 2006

I realise it may sound obvious,but have you tried uninstalling WMP,then re-installing it?
I had the same problem last year,and seem to recall that's how I cured it.
I'm sure you'll receive more solutions though.

NewestRoyWidd1 11:19 08 Nov 2006

Have you resolved the problem yet?If so,please post how you did it so that other forum members who may encounter the same problem can use that for reference.

David4637 15:34 08 Nov 2006

Thanks for your reply, I have just read your post, so I have not had a chance to uninstall / reinstall. Its difficult to do, because WMP V9 came on the recovery disc with my Tosh lappy, and it may take some time to find the prog. You reckon you had the same prob with brightness? Thanks David

NewestRoyWidd1 04:31 09 Nov 2006

Hello,rather than clogging up the forum with replies,please feel free to email me by using the yellow envelope next to my name.
NRW1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?