WMP re-sizing

Darth_chaffinch 16:35 19 Aug 2007

I'm watching a video on WMP (10), and the quality is mighty fine on the default small size, how can I have the same high quality on full screen please?

Thanks!

holme 17:30 19 Aug 2007

Forgive me if I'm missing a point and 'trying to teach you to sucks eggs', but have you selected the full screen view option (press alt-enter)?

Assuming that works, you'll need to appreciate that expanding a small-scale video display to full screen size will unavoidably seem relatively low quality (a bit like watching a TV screen close up).

I'd be interested to know how you get on. Depending on what you see on screen, we may have some other ideas to suggest. HTH.

Stuartli 17:33 19 Aug 2007

Go to WMP's View>Video size and select the required percentage ratio of screen use required.

However, as holme points out, a modest quality video is going to look even more modest in full screen ratio.

Darth_chaffinch 17:39 19 Aug 2007

yeah tanks have tried that, but the quality obviously degrades, just wonderred if it was possible to have decent quality on full screen - must be somehow?!?

Stuartli 17:40 19 Aug 2007

You cannot make a purse out of a sow's ear...:-)

holme 18:04 19 Aug 2007

Can you let us know what the original video standards are, in pixels?

(Suggest drop it into Windows Movie Maker, drag it onto the timeline, click on Clip, select Properties and, under Video, read off the Width, Height and Frame rate.)

Depending on the numbers, we might be able to suggest something.

Darth_chaffinch 14:53 20 Aug 2007

Will do thanks, also been told to try DivX Stage 6, what the heck is that?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?