WMP Media Sharing doesn't work with XP

Anti_Virus 19:39 16 May 2008

Hi, I have a BT Home Hub LAN linking one XP desktop, one Vista laptop, and an Xbox 360. I love being able to access the media that's on my PC using my Xbox, and being able to watch/listen to it. Howver, it only works with the Vista machine. I'm able to access media on the laptop, using Windows Media Player 11, and its Media Sharing capabilities. However, the same cannot be said for the XP machine, which, as the desktop in the house, has more media on it.

I go under Media Sharing in WMP on the XP machine, and check the box that says "Share My Media", and then click OK. But then Windows Media Player freezes for about 30 seconds and nothing happens. The box is still and there it its still checked. The usual window where you're able to choose who to share to never comes. I click OK again and the same thing happens. What should I do? It can't be a firewall issue, as I've configured for the XP machine in the same way as the Vista. Can anyone help?

Anti_Virus 19:42 16 May 2008

I should also tell you I have tried re-installing WMP 11. I've even deleted all my media from the library, and then re-added it. Hasn't worked though. Help would be appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?