WMP closes when i try to choose/change interface

Florio 21:30 02 May 2010

I have Windows Media Player 11, Vista Home Premium. Earlier today I decided to download a couple of new skins for the WMP from the Microsoft site, but once I'd downloaded them, I couldn't get them to open, and merely passing over their names with the mouse caused the program to stop functioning. I managed to remove the two skins, and now I just have two interfaces listed, the default one and Revert. Selecting Revert also causes the program to close down; I'd like to remove it, but can't because I get the error message before I can click on remove.
Any ideas as to why this problem has surfaced, and how I can remove Revert? (couldn't find where it is stored using the search function). Thanks.
Florio

Technotiger 21:36 02 May 2010

Try a System Restore back to before you downloaded the new skins.

Florio 20:31 03 May 2010

Many thanks for the reply, Technotiger. Yes, I've tried various system restores, but the problem still remains. In fact since posting about WMP, all Hell has broken loose on my computer!! I'm now also having serious problems with Outlook, and I cannot download ODIR (outlook duplicate item removal), which should be the easiest thing in the world to install!!
I should probably post separate threads on the above, but would be grateful for help regarding the WMP skin ...

Technotiger 20:42 03 May 2010

Couple of programs to run that might help sort the situation ... download/install/update and run quick scan. click here

Then download/install/run in default settings only ... click here

Then try your troublesome programs again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017