WMP 9 and WinAmp Help

Eraflooz 06:46 21 Dec 2003

Hi, me again...

I usually use Winamp for everything but recently I downloaded WMP 9 for some reason or other, and now when I try to play an audio cd, Windows Media Player hijacks it even though I have "Music CD Playback" in the Tools-Options-File Types box unchecked, and I have "Associate with audio cd's" in Winamps File Types box checked!

If I use the open dialog in Winamp, I can access the drive, load the tracks, and let CDDB do it's thing, but when I try to play it, I get nothing. The track does start playing but I get no sound.

WMP is the only way I can play audio CD's now and that does not make me happy. No, wait...I can also play audio cd's through a different audio application thatI have..I just found that out as I am writing this!

So, the question is...What is it that I am missing that allows my rusty, trusty Winamp to resume it's duties as my CD player of choice? or should I ask the Winamp forums?

Thanks again!

matt5705 08:04 21 Dec 2003

i asum ur using windows xp
wmp 9 is made by microsoft and so is windows so wmp 9 is set to take it over this how to stop it
Right click on your cd/dvd rom drive in my computer click on properties and then click on the autoplay tab and bring the dropdown box to music files click on select action for platform.
In that box should be win amp select it it and hit ok
i hope that sorts it!

powerless 08:12 21 Dec 2003

Or in WMP9 click Tools, Options, File Types and UNcheck all boxes.

Click OK!

Eraflooz 08:20 21 Dec 2003

no, sorry, I am using win98se, not xp...and i have the auto insert notification disabled so...Also, i am trying to get in to the winamp forum but my reg. info does not seem to be working with them...Argghh...maybe i should just call it quits for this evening!!

Anyway, try again...Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?