wmp 10 cannot delete old music files help

patso 20:35 28 Dec 2006

i had to revert to wmp 10 foe my new mp3 hard drive to work but when i try to delete entries i have deleted from my music folder a bok keeps popping up saying Xcannot delete file:cannot read from the source disk or file.i then have to use task manager to exit wmp10.any answers to this prob.please do not tell me to upgrade to wmp11 as my new hard dick mp3 will not work with it.i tried cc cleaner reg repair to no avail.any help please

SANTOS7 20:53 28 Dec 2006

click here
this may help,good luck..

patso 21:12 28 Dec 2006

thanks santos but i cant seem to find the wmplibrary .db file to delete any other help

SANTOS7 21:58 28 Dec 2006

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Index\ZIP!! have just followed same path folder is empty on mine as well OHH ERR!!!

copy and paste "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Media Player" into the run dialog box.

text taken from link click here it may help

patso 11:39 30 Dec 2006

i found these files in media player folder is it safe to delete them all

patso 11:41 30 Dec 2006

santos done what you said and copied and pasted .it found these files. do i delete them all and where do i go next thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?