WMA CD

G7AQK 13:19 30 Jan 2008

I noticed that my car audio system could play WMA files, so decided to make a CD full of WMA music to play in the car (I'm too tight to buy a CD autochanger). The music was ripped from CD using Windows Media Player but the program could only transfer 20 tracks to a CD. I therefore decided to transfer all the music files to the CD manually in Windows using the drag & drop method. After the CD was made compatible (using XP), I transferred the CD to the car. The audio system could detect all 244 tracks on the CD and would play the music. The problem is that it appears to have difficulty selecting individual tracks and will usually eject the CD after playing 3/4 songs or when I am scrolling through the list looking for an individual song. This happens whether the player is in standard sequential mode or random play. Is there a better way to burn this type of CD?

Neil

Jim_F 17:55 30 Jan 2008

You could be falling foul of variable media quality - this should give you a few pointers: click here

It may also be better to use a slower writing speed if your burner supports this.

Fermat's Theorem 19:51 30 Jan 2008

found it better [e.g. more reliable] to just let the WMA CD play sequentially - with 244 tracks you will still have an excellent selection. I often advance mine to a given track and then just let it play from there.

Hope this helps :-)

[email protected] 19:57 30 Jan 2008

possibly try burning data cd with
click here

G7AQK 22:39 30 Jan 2008

I have downloaded the DeepBurner software and set the record speed to 24x. New CD now works a treat.

Neil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires