wlan hardware driver missing

Lady.M 17:25 12 Jun 2007

OK, so I bought the worst laptop on the market! well I think so anyway. Basically I purchased an Advent 7086. This laptop comes with a WLAN usb dongle and ZD 1211 802.11b+g Wireless USB dongle drivers CD.

However, I managed to lose the driver cd!!! I now cannot use the dongle to go wireless and I have just purchased sky broadband with wireless router/modem. I am currently connected through my ethernet cable but ideally would like to connect via my dongle. Please please please help me in simple English thanks...

postie24 18:05 12 Jun 2007
  Lady.M 18:26 12 Jun 2007

Thankyou for your fast response. I did download the free software for the drivers as instructed. I then ran the instalation etc... Following this, nothing else happened apart from a new icon on my desktop. I then put the dongle in the usb hub/port or whatever it's called, and my laptop told me new hardware was found for usb 2.0 and the found new hardware wizard came up. I allowed it to run but the result was that the hardware was not installed as the necessary software could not be found. Please help me futher if possible. Thank you.

postie24 18:55 12 Jun 2007

Did you click on the new icon and extract the files?

Lady.M 19:25 12 Jun 2007

yes

postie24 19:39 12 Jun 2007

Ive tried searching for another,but no luck im afraid,mayb someone else might know where to download one.
If not you can pick up a new dongle for about £10

Lady.M 19:40 12 Jun 2007

k that isn't much, so I think I'll do that, I thought they were much more, thankyou anyway for all your help, I appreciate it.

postie24 19:58 12 Jun 2007

Thats ok,just found this one for you

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?