WksCal.exe and Wkcalrem consuming 98% CPU

Terrygee 18:17 04 Mar 2009

I'm running under Vista Home. When using certain applications especially Windows backup I'm finding that WksCal.exe and Wkcalrem each consume about 48% of the CPU so the process is interminably slow. If I delete these in Task Manager the application is instantly improved and I get full CPU usage.
Am I running into any problems doing this?
I use MS Works 2000. Apparently Works Calendar is part of this, but I can find no way of uninstalling this component. Is there any way as I do not use the calendar?

birdface 19:06 04 Mar 2009
  birdface 19:07 04 Mar 2009
  birdface 19:08 04 Mar 2009

oops soryy miread post.

Terrygee 19:49 04 Mar 2009

Thanks for the leads Buteman but none of them tell me how to get rid of WksCal or prevent it installing when I instal Works. Do you know how?

birdface 10:55 06 Mar 2009

Like you having a problem trying to find a way to remove it.As it is a calender it is probably set to run at start up,have you tried msconfig to see if it is in there and untick it.

Terrygee 14:03 06 Mar 2009

Thanks for the suggestion. Not in msconfig. Any other suggestions?

birdface 14:34 08 Mar 2009

Maybe better closing this as you are not getting many replies and maybe try opening another thread asking if there is a way to remove the calendar from from MS Works 2000 on Vista.I would also copy and paste this thread on to your new post so that folk can see what you have tried.

Terrygee 07:11 10 Mar 2009

I'm running under Vista Home. When using certain applications especially Windows backup I'm finding that WksCal.exe and Wkcalrem each consume about 48% of the CPU so the process is interminably slow. If I delete these in Task Manager the application is instantly improved and I get full CPU usage.
Am I running into any problems doing this?
I use MS Works 2000. Apparently Works Calendar is part of this, but I can find no way of uninstalling this component, and on setup there is no option as to not instal it. Is there any way as I do not use the calendar?

Terrygee 07:20 10 Mar 2009

Using Vista Home. I recently started using Windows backup, and opted for auto update weekly at 3:00am on Sundays. On only one occasion have I received a message asking me to insert the last-used disk for file updates to be added. On all other occasions I have received a message that the backup has failed and I must start a new backup from scratch. Why is this? When I exit the backup screen I can see that auto backup is on. Is there any way I can check this later?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017