wjndows media player 11

SCROOGE2 20:50 02 Jan 2008

i have installed wmp11 on my pc with tons of music,have been using it to record cds untill just recently when every time i click onto 'burn'at top of page, in the right hand panecomes the comment 'install burner and restart player'why? when i can record other programes such as nero,roxio easy cd recorder and compleat cd maker. i have even cheked for bad connections inside the pc box(naughty). have been told to foldback to wmp10 as it is to do with filters on other programes.if i foldback to wmp10 will i loose all my music.please help me am getting desperate.

Stuartli 21:00 02 Jan 2008

Have you check that the configuration for using WMP11 for burning is still correct?

From My Computer>>highlight your optical drive (rewriter)>Properties>Recording tab>ensure that Enable Digital Recording on this drive is ticked.

SB23 21:55 02 Jan 2008

Other than checking whats been suggested by Stuartli, have you tried getting rid of all the other programs and just try using WMP11 to rip and burn cd's.
I used to use Roxio but uninstalled it as it was causing conflicts, but WMP11 or version 10 for that matter works fine.

Forgive me if I've misunderstood your problem, but I use WMP for all my cd needs.
And don't worry if you do uninstall, as long as your music is on the hd, WMP11 will find it, well, it did for me.

Dvd's on the other hand are another story, lol!

Steve

SCROOGE2 21:56 07 Jan 2008

thanks for replying Stuartli tried your proposel, yes it was ticked,tried wmp again and no it still would not work,went back to drive properties and it was unticked. any ideas why it should do this.
Sb23,tnanks i'll try getting rid of roxio to see if that cures the problem if it dosen't will try reinstalling wmp11.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?