Wish me luck - I'm going in

Kate B 17:53 10 Dec 2006

Anyone a fan of the excellent Gallery software? I'm embarking on upgrading from v1.5 to v.2. It looks a slightly geeky exercise, though as I managed to install it successfully the first time around I'm hoping the upgrade will be relatively painless - but wish me luck. If I come back howling later on that my gallery is toast, you can all point and laugh at me.

mammak 18:21 10 Dec 2006

I cant say I have heard of it, but hey good luck Kate B and if it all goes belly up than be assured we would not laugh at you :-)

wolfie3000 18:49 10 Dec 2006

Kate B,
Good luck with that, so what is this gallery sofware?

Maybe a link would clue us up a bit more?

Kate B 18:54 10 Dec 2006

click here This is the software I use - I want to upgrade to version 2.0 but I need my webhost administrator to create a database for me, so I'm stymied probably until tomorrow. *stamps feet*

WhiteTruckMan 19:07 10 Dec 2006

if the answer is omething along the lines of 'because I can' or 'because its there' then maybe you ought to have a re-think.

WTM

Kate B 19:10 10 Dec 2006

Because it's my website and because I want to. Also, the new version looks and runs better.

rodriguez 19:37 10 Dec 2006

I have a PhotoBox album - click here. This Gallery software looks interesting though, and more advanced.

Kate B 19:47 10 Dec 2006

It's not difficult so long as you follow the instructions closely. I use Filezilla for FTP which makes changing the read/write attributes of a folder simple.

Spark6 19:58 10 Dec 2006

All the very best with this next trial, I'd never heard of this program before but it certainly sounds interesting.

There'll be no laughing and pointing from this direction if it should go pear shaped. Good luck.

wolfie3000 00:46 11 Dec 2006

Thanks for the link,
You must post up the photo album, if thats ok?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?