Wirless Network Startup Problem

LouJ 22:06 03 Aug 2006

Have just installed a D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router with DWL-G122 wireless USB adaptor. When I switch on the PC there is no network connection. If I double click on the icon in the system tray I get a Wirless Network Connection Screen and by going to change advanced settings then wirless newtorks i can get the network up and running by checking the "use windows to configure my netwrok settings". Is there an easier way of doing this. Ideally I want to switch on the PC and get started rather than following the above process.

ade.h 22:09 03 Aug 2006

Should be here click here

Are you running this adapter with its software or driver-only? Can't help further until I know either way.

kdt 22:56 03 Aug 2006

try checking microsoft site kb914440 network diagnostic tool for xp if you are running xp

LouJ 12:27 04 Aug 2006

Am using the driver (I think) as I have not conciosusly loaded any software

ade.h 13:33 04 Aug 2006

Unless you have specifically avoided installing the software, then you have the software. Please check in the Change/Remove Programs list.

LouJ 14:33 04 Aug 2006

I have checked and there is a programme for D-Link AirPlus G

ade.h 14:48 04 Aug 2006

Okay, go through my step-by-step at click here and we'll go from there.

Additionally, it would be great if you could check some of your services (run services.msc): You need to look at Plug & Play, DHCP Client, Remote Access Connection Manager, Remote Access *Auto* Connection Manager and Wireless Zero Config. Possibly Network Location Awareness and SSDP Discovery as well.

LouJ 16:40 04 Aug 2006

Gone through check list and reinstalled the driver only. Still getting the same problem.

LouJ 16:44 04 Aug 2006

Have now checked services.msc all the services listed have started except remote access auto connection manager

Taff™ 16:57 04 Aug 2006

I`d like to know what computer you`re running this computer on and which operating system. On the D-Link website there are various combinations of drivers and one of them will work! ;o)

ade.h 17:02 04 Aug 2006

Were they all set to auto - services do not respond very quickly, and thus need to be set to auto if you think that they will be needed so that when a program or device requires a service, it is ready immediately.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?