Wirelessly Using a Samsung CLP 350N Printer

Mad Mick 15:07 19 Apr 2008

I am considering buying a Samsung CLP 350N colour laser (network) printer as I would like for both my wife and I to be able to print from our laptops without having to keep going upstairs to print off letters etc. We are both using laptops which have Windows Vista as the OS.

I would like to connect the printer to the Netgear modem/router and send print requests wirelessly to a Netgear DG834N modem/router and then by cable from the modem/router to the printer. Is this feasible and if so what cable would I need to connect the modem/router to the printer?

T0SH 18:07 19 Apr 2008

Your Samsung is described as a (network) printer so the connection from printer to the router would be an ethernet cable you may well have one that came with the router or if you are lucky one will be supplied with the printer

Load up the printer drivers to both laptops follow the instructions to set up a network printer via ethernet connection should have you printing in no time

Cheers HC

Mad Mick 18:18 19 Apr 2008

Thank you I understand that I would need a cable that connects the printer to the modem router but the connections on the router are for 4 ethernet slots not USB. What is the description for the cable that runs from the printer to the modem router, is it an ordinary ethernet cable? There are no cables supplied with the printer other than a power cable.

Thank you for your help so far.

Mad Mick 19:22 19 Apr 2008

Sorry Tosh, I have just re-read your post and you had already answered my question. Thank you for your help and I will close this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?