Wireless Zero configuration

pj1664 19:50 12 Oct 2007

Does anyone know why would windows wireless Zero configuration stops as soon as my xp loads up,I have to manually go an start it up again, Its always on, on my desktop but my laptop,I have to start it my self each time I start windows. Is there anyway it can be configured to start up when the laptop boots up?

Technotiger 19:56 12 Oct 2007

Have you tried adding to your Start-up list?

pj1664 20:28 12 Oct 2007

Hi Technotiger, thanks 4 the info but how do you add it to your starup exactly?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:28 12 Oct 2007

C:\windows\system32\net.exe start wzcsvc is the command to start WZC.
you could use this in a batch file in the startup folder.

How are you starting it?

Start -run- type services.msc -ok
scroll down to WZC right click - properties in the strtup box set it to Automatic.

It should then start every time you boot.

pj1664 20:53 12 Oct 2007

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\, Istart WZC

Start -run- type services.msc -ok
scroll down to WZC right click - properties in the strtup box set it to Automatic.
but it dosent start everytime the computer boots up, now thats the problem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:22 12 Oct 2007

try a repair

Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

pj1664 20:34 26 Oct 2007

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/\, Sorry for the very late response, been pretty busy with other stuff plus I had to go through all the scannow problems because that didnf fix the problem, but I think a simple tick in the property of my wireless newtwork connection where it says please tick if you want windows to manage your wireless connection, the tick was missing, since I placed the tick its been a breeze, so far........ I just want to say Thank you for all your help and input, really appreciated it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?