Wireless Woe's

fimofly 22:03 06 Jan 2006

I am trying to set up a wireless network for the computers in my home. Modem/router is an Addon GWAR300. I have this installed via lan on main PC no problem. Trying wireless link to second PC using a WLAN 11g USB adapter. The second pc is detecting the network but I cannot access the internet via the second PC, I have spend the best part of a day trying to sus this any help may prevent a suicide!!!

Nickmax59 22:58 06 Jan 2006

Has the second pc got windows firewall turned on? and does it have the same network group name as the other? Have you got other security software? I have to disable zonealarm to connect, rather defeats the object of having it.

Forum Editor 23:01 06 Jan 2006

Moving to Networking now.

mgmcc 10:15 07 Jan 2006

<<< The second pc is detecting the network but I cannot access the internet via the second PC >>>

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the little icon will get its "halo" to indicate it is connected to that network and it should then get its correct IP address by DHCP from the router.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?