Wireless to Wired Router

pobrien31 18:36 01 Jan 2006

Afternoon All,

My Broadband connection is currently with Telewest. The broadband modem is connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 cable router. This was setup almost 2 years ago by myself, so once it was setup and working the knowledge of what I had done soon dwindled.

Well, it looks like I'll need to gen up again as I need to find out about wireless networks.

I have a PSP as well as a Nintendo DS both with wireless capability.

Can I connect a wireless router to my current setup in order to service the new consoles?

If so, what would the best kit to use. Also, a dummy guide would be useful if any can help.

If anyone can then it would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick.

LastChip 19:15 01 Jan 2006

You could use a wireless access point to connect to your wired network click here

mgmcc 21:57 01 Jan 2006

As suggested, plugging a Wireless Access Point into one of your router's LAN ports will convert it into a "Wireless" router.

However, for some strange reason, stand-alone Wireless Access Points can often be more expensive than buying a replacement "Wireless Router" (which incorporates a Wireless Access Point!).

I use this Buffalo wireless router with Telewest - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?