Wireless On Vista

Edward-207256 14:42 06 Sep 2007

I am running a Dell Dimension 9200 computer, approximately 6months old. I have Windows Vista installed. Previous to installing windows vista, i had XP, where i had a belkin router (F5D7630 - 4A model number) hard-wired to the computer with a wireless desktop and a wireless laptop running.

I install vista, and purchased a brand new £130 Belkin N1 Mimo (F5D8631 uk 4A model number) which is supposed to be the best. After days of failing to set it up to work on the wired computer, it finally works.

Then, i decided to connect my other two computers wirelessly. None of them work, i have been in touch with belkin over the phone, totalling around 8 hours solid, with no success. They gave up after an hour each time and said call back.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how to set up a wireless network with this router and Vista.

Also, everytime i put in the setup disk on vista, the whole computer crashes, but the disk works fine on the laptop i own.

You presume when you buy a £130 router, it would be simple to install and use.

Any help would be appreciated.

Eddy

BurrWalnut 15:53 06 Sep 2007

If it's a wireless router it doesn’t need any software!

1. Can all the computers connect to the internet using the Ethernet cable?
2. If so, have you set up the router (192.168.n.n) with an SSID and a WEP/WPA key?
3. If so, connect by typing the key in hexadecimal rather than as characters. If you still cannot connect, go to the router’s set up (192.168 etc) and change the channel number and broadcast the SSID.
4. Switch the router of for a few minutes.
5. Troubleshoot wifi connections click here

BurrWalnut 16:02 06 Sep 2007

'of for a few minutes'

should have been 'off for a few minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?