Wireless USB Modem Q's, All Assistance Welcome

imperial4cereal 04:45 10 Jan 2009

Problem~

So there are only 2 options for high speed internet access in my area. Satellite; which has the huge price for installation fees and low bandwidth usage. And Wireless USB Modem; low cost, high bandwidth.

Options~

My first question is if I were to purchase a USB Modem, could I split the connection from my PC to a wireless router? And from there connect other devices?

If the answer was Yes to both questions, could I then in turn buy a wireless network adapter for my Xbox 360 and connect to said router?

I was speaking with someone who said that it would be possible, but I would need a high end router. One capable of "closing ethernet ports" and "switching between frequencies?" or at least thats what I could understand from him.

If all answers are Yes, could I also get some assistance on what type of router I would need to perform this task or at least what I'm looking for in one.

I know this is asking a lot, but I want to be educated on what my options are.

All information is welcome and appreciated. I'll try my best to reply if any questions arise.

imperial4cereal 16:43 10 Jan 2009

Also, could these step be proof that its possible? Well part of it anyway.

click here

Unless they aren't talking about Wireless USB Modems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?