Wireless Stopped Sharing

Commander Straker 16:26 22 Nov 2006

I have a Desktop PC connected by Ethernet to BT Voyager 2100 and laptop connected wirelessly. Set up so that the computers could see shared folders and the laptop could use the Printer connected to the Desktop - now sharing of files and printer stopped working but laptop can still connect to the internet.

Desktop:
Workgroup - shows desktop only
Printer - shows as shared.
My Network Places - Local Network Shared Docs on Desktop

Laptop:
Workgroup - shows Desktop and Laptop
Printer - unable to connect.
My N Places - Local Network Shared docs on laptop.

I'm not aware of changing anything - tried switching off firewalls but had no effect.......driving me nuts trying to work it out anyone have any thoughts ?

Naeris 18:58 22 Nov 2006

This happened to me a few weeks ago too, I've not had chance to resolve it yet.

Strawballs 22:20 22 Nov 2006

TRy running the network wizard from the control panel (not wireless one) on the laptop again.

Commander Straker 20:05 12 Dec 2006

Sorry guys.........been busy .....did run the wizard on both PCs but it made no difference. Still can't share printer or files.

mgmcc 20:26 12 Dec 2006

Make sure any firewalls are configured correctly - "switching off" firewalls doesn't always shut down all of the background processes and they can still block traffic. It is possible that your router has allocated a different IP address and this needs to be changed in the firewall settings, unless you have allowed the entire subnet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017