Wireless to startup automatically

pipfan 20:34 02 Feb 2011

Hi all

I have an Edimax USB wireless system that connects to my D-Link router. When I start the PC, I have to call up the Edimax utility and enter the security key for my router to make it connect.

Anyone know of a way I can get it to start automatically at start up - I've looked through every tab on utility and to honest most of the options make no sense at all to me !

Any help very much appreciated

mgmcc 08:38 03 Feb 2011

You don't say which version of Windows you're using. I have an Edimax 802.11n USB WiFi adapter which I use in a Laptop running Windows 7 and connecting to a D-Link Cable/DSL router.

I can't remember whether I originally installed the Edimax software but, if I did, I uninstalled it again. I plugged the adapter in and let Windows install the drivers itself and it works fine that way.

Forum Editor 08:50 03 Feb 2011

In the main I have found that it's far better to let Windows handle the wireless adapter.

If you uninstall the manufacturer's software, and restart your machine you'll find that Windows will pick up the adapter and configure it automatically.

Eric10 21:45 03 Feb 2011

The advice you have been given is very good but if you want to stick with the Edimax utility program then after you have made your connection I think that you need to click the "Add to Profile" button to save the settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?