Wireless SSID question

Bob The Nob© 20:36 07 Nov 2006

Is it possible to both connect to a wireless router and ad-hoc with a NintendoDS at the same time via a laptop with 1 wireless card?

Its just that I don't want to remove the security from my router so the NDS can connect but I don't mind it ad-hocing with my laptop and bridging the connection because I can then remove allunwanted visitors easier. It is possible through 1 wireless card?

Or is there a better idea?

Bob The Nob©

dms05 08:14 08 Nov 2006

No. Take a look at click here

mgmcc 09:27 08 Nov 2006

Why don't you either connect the NDS by ethernet cable to the laptop and set up ICS on the wireless connection or connect the laptop to the router by ethernet cable, set up ICS on the wired connection and run an Ad Hoc network with the NDS?

Alternatively, install a second Wireless Network Adapter (PCMCIA or USB) in the laptop so one can connect to the router's "Infrastructure" network and the other to the NDS "Ad Hoc" network.

Bob The Nob© 21:34 08 Nov 2006

I was thinking of conncting another wireless adaptor. I can't connect the NDS via ethernet or the laptop because that removes the 'wireless' point of the whole thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?