Wireless security giving me a headache.

Doire_Bhoy 13:22 09 Dec 2005

Hi,
I have a wireless netowrk at home. Modem and ruoter downstairs connected to NTL and my PC upstairs with a wireless adapter.

Ever since i secured the wireless network i have had problems with my connection.

In order to get online i need to go through the security process as when i log onto my computer and try to get online the netowrk is unavailable.

Im using WPA with a passphrase.

My profile name and passphrase are correct otherwise i wouldnt get oinline at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Doire_Bhoy 08:33 12 Dec 2005

Bump

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:54 12 Dec 2005

A way to get it all operating would be go into the routers setup and turn off encryption and then get your laptop to connect once you have that up and working re-enable encryption and enter the key into the laptop. This is done from the network connections in the control panel. Find your wireless connection right click | properties | wireless network tab | click on your network and choose properties and then enter the network key.

Doire_Bhoy 11:05 12 Dec 2005

The software that manages my security is done through Belkin not Microsoft Windows.

So i just get online, go to Belkins set-up page, turn off encryption, connect my pc to the network, re-enable encryption and enter my network key again?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?