Wireless router working but no internet connection

BlessedMan 14:01 23 Mar 2005

I found another person connected to my Linksys Wireless router WAG54G and decided to activate wireless security. The PC connects to the router with a good signal and accepted the WEP key, I can ping the router but I cannot get an internet connection, nor the router setup page. The PC IP address is correctly set and I can see the PC is connected by checking the wireless client table from another PC. I gave up on the security and disabled it but I still cannot get an internet connection.

I now need help as what to do next.

Thanks

FelixTCat 17:14 23 Mar 2005

Can you access the router set-up page or the internet from the other computer?

If you have no internet connection, check that the ISP log-on and password are correct.

Change the password to access the router's set-up page if you haven't done so already.

BlessedMan 22:26 23 Mar 2005

I can't access the router setup page from the wireless connection computer, I pingged it successfully though. I can access the setup page from the cabled one. I don't think it has any thing to do with ISP setup as the internet works ok on ethernet connected one. Also, the wireless computer worked until I added WEP security but I can't get it to work even after reversing. I also could not get MAC filtering to work however, things worked ok when I reversed this.

FelixTCat 09:58 24 Mar 2005

If the wireless side has gone haywire, you might like to do a hard reset to factory defaults. That should remove any settings which are blocking the system.

Do not worry about security until you have re-established a good connection. Once re-established, set up MAC filtering and, once that is working successfully, WEP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?