Wireless Router + USB modem

mattd 13:31 18 Nov 2006

I have a usb modem provided by my isp and it cannot plug into the back of my wireless router (Netgear WDR614v6) which wants an ethernet modem.

I have learned that either I buy a adsl ethernet modem to replace my usb one, or I bridge the two connections (which I want to try).

I have connected my computer with the router via ethernet and have enabled the wireless, which is working. There are now two connections on my computer (internet and LAN).

I need to know how to bridge the two connections. For some reason, my Wanadoo Broadband connection comes under "dial-up" in my network connections. This is preventing me from bridging it with the LAN.

Can anyone help with getting around this problem??

Thanks, Matt

mgmcc 14:09 18 Nov 2006

You need a *COMBINED* Router & ADSL Modem to replace the USB modem, which cannot be used in conjunction with a router.

The router you have at the moment is suitable for use with Cable broadband (NTL/Telewest), where the supplied Cable Modem does support an ethernet connection.

I cannot see how "bridging" network adapters in your PC is going to get you anywhere useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?