wireless router and sagem modem issues- tiscali

soph123 21:36 27 Oct 2007

Hello I currently have tiscali and use the sagem modem which was sent when I subscribed. I would like to go wireless and so bought a wireless Belkin G Plus router (it says also works with broadband ADSL when connected to a modem). My sagem modem only has a usb port, and the router requires an ethernet connection. Here is where I am confused: have I bought the wrong router- i dont mind if the modem is plugged into it, but dont want any leads to my lap top) or if i can use this router do I even need to plug the modem in or should I be able to input tiscali settings for it not to require this. If I can use this router is it a case of getting some kind of adapter or perhaps a new modem?

Any help would be appreciated, i have contacted Belkin and tiscali both said completely contradicting things!!

Ashrich 23:14 27 Oct 2007

Sorry , you can't connect a USB modem to a wireless router , you need an ADSL router that will replace your USB modem and is a wireless router as well , 2 in 1 if you like ..Take the Belkin back and replace it with one with a built in modem .

Ashley

crosstrainer 10:55 28 Oct 2007

These:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?