Wireless Router or Adapter

  Joolsay 22:50 08 Sep 2008

Please could someone help as I have very little knowledge on this? I already have one PC and am awaiting delivery of a new one, but would like to access the internet from both. Currently my old PC has access through a Virgin cable set top box (the modem?) and there is an ethernet connection from this to a Netgear 802.11b Access Point, model no. ME202TW. My old PC has a Netgear adapter model no. MA 101 attached to it. I don't have probelms with accessing the internet from my old PC, but what do I need to get access to my new one? Do I need a router and does this replace the Access Point, or do I just need another adapter for my new PC? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

  ambra4 00:39 09 Sep 2008

"I just need another adapter for my new PC?"

Yes just get a another adapter if a desktop, if a

laptop there should be a build in wireless card

  Joolsay 10:51 09 Sep 2008

Excellent, thanks ambra4.

  ambra4 11:28 09 Sep 2008

Glad to be of help


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?