Wireless router help.

ChrisParkerUK 10:13 07 Oct 2008

Hello I have a Belkin Wireless Router which doesn't seem to want to connect to the internet.

At the moment I am connected using a USB through my modem. And the router wants me to connect a Enet cable from the router to the modem and another one from the PC to the router.

Now I connect these up and they are all fine on the router it shows that they are connected but there is not internet going through the router.

Does anyone know how and why this is happening?

Just to let you know I'm an absoloute novice with PC's and won't really know much.

P.S. The laptop is recieving a wireless signal from the router just no internet.

Thanks.

mgmcc 11:54 07 Oct 2008

<<< And the router wants me to connect a Enet cable from the router to the modem >>>>

That suggests that you have a "Cable/DSL" router suitable for use with Virgin's *CABLE* broadband service, where the router does connect by ethernet to the Cable Modem.

With ADSL via the phone line, you need a *COMBINED* "Router & ADSL Modem" which replaces a USB Modem.

If you do in fact have *CABLE*, then you need to follow the correct procedure when swapping the connection to the Cable Modem. Instructions click here

ChrisParkerUK 15:57 07 Oct 2008

Thank you mate it works a treat now :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?