Wireless router

Skills 16:06 13 Oct 2005

I think this wireless router has what i need but can someone just double check for us.

What I need to know is that it does have an ADSL modem built in as at present I use a USB sagem Fast 800 to access the net. So the router will have to replace that for me. I then intend to use an ethernet cable to my desktop, will the cable have to be a patch cable? and then wireless for my laptop. heres the link click here is that a good price as well or can anyone find one that will do what I need a bit cheaper.

Thanks

alexgray104 16:25 13 Oct 2005

From what i can see, it contains all the functions you require. Regarding the ethernet cable - I have a Belkin and it came with one already. And presuming you have a wirelessly enabled laptop you will not need to buy anything else.

alexgray104 16:27 13 Oct 2005

Sorry - forgot this bit - price quite bad but I paid about the same and you get what you pay for. Try click here if you want a cheaper (£65) one

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:38 13 Oct 2005

Features for this BELKIN F5D7633UK4A
- 2 essential networking functions in 1

High-Speed ADSL Internet access

-

4-port Wireless Router

Doesn't say wether has Autocrossover connection so you may need plain patch cable with free pci wireless card click here

SAR-600EW ADSL2/2+ Ready Wireless LAN 802.11g 4 Port Ethernet USB Combo Router, TI Chipset
£63.37 In Stock @ click here

click here

click here

Skills 16:54 13 Oct 2005

Ok thanks for that, yep have a centrino laptop so just need the router with wireless

Ta very

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?