Wireless Router

chaztait 21:32 09 Oct 2005

Hi I have been trying for ages i have a Belkin 54g wireless router and i cant connect to my laptop. i also cant even connect them with a cable and i have done it before. HELP!

johnnyrocker 00:11 10 Oct 2005

website help? or isp help?

johnny.

Taff36 06:24 10 Oct 2005

Exact Makes and Models would help. Someone out here will have done it. A little more background perhaps.

Taff36 23:35 11 Oct 2005

And ......

woodchip 23:36 11 Oct 2005

Does the Desktop connect OK?

BRYNIT 08:55 12 Oct 2005

Free Belkin Tech Support Tel: 0080022355460

chaztait 17:37 13 Oct 2005

i have tries that number already but when i ring it its just a dead line....

chaztait 17:50 13 Oct 2005

well i had tried to connect it last night and i rebooted router and reinstalled software for laptop and it connected, but without any security but once i put on the security then it just kept on saying Assiging Netowork Address or somthing like that, then i disabled the network security and it does not work again.

woodchip 21:55 13 Oct 2005

The reason for your problem is that you have to set the security in the Router first, That's why you need it connected by Ethernet cable, after you set Encryption up then you can remove the cable reboot router after saving and it should then work.

PS after doing any changes in Router or software on Laptop you have to save, then switch computer and Router off. Reboot the Router, and when the lights stop flashing boot the computer.

You have to access the Router through a Web page, the number to put in the address bar should be in the instructions with the router

BRYNIT 18:40 14 Oct 2005

chaztait

Ref: the free phone number did you remember input the number correctly.

I have phoned the the help line number today and eventually got through. It took several attempts due to other people phoning. Although I had to listen very carefully due to the accent the person at the other end was very helpful with my query.

If you are still having problems try the number again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?