Wireless Reapeter/Extender

chaztait 22:57 15 Aug 2007

Hi i have a wireless router in the first floor of my house, and the laptop is on bottom floor. But it is not a good signal and keeps disconnecting. I know you can get a repeater/extender. My router is a belkin 802.11g wireless router and the antenna's do not unscrew. Meaning i can get a bigger antenna. Is there an extension cable you can get for ethernet cables, so i can put my router someone else. As there is an ethernet cable under the floor for the room next door that does not have much length on it.

cheers

postie24 15:36 16 Aug 2007

Have you tried changing the channel on the router just incase its interference thats causing the problems?
Its normal default setting is 11

chaztait 12:11 18 Aug 2007

hi, ive tried that and nothing. I bought a repeater and it connected fine without an encryption . Then when i put one on obviously it wouldnt connect. and i couldnt see it in the instructions. so i installed the driver onto my pc and connected the ethernet to ii from my router. I then put the password in and tried connecting it again and it did. But my laptop still does not want to connect to the internet down the stairs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?