Wireless problems on set-up epson sx235w

s4rahlou 19:12 15 Apr 2012

Im trying to set up the printer wireless, but on the set up it says to hold in the wifi button for 3-6 seconds and the wifi icon will flash green. However when I press and hold the wifi button it doesnt seem to do anything, there are no lights on the wifi bit. There is not much ink in the printer so has a red light on the ink section and also power button is lit up in green. I just cant seem to get the wireless button working. It only comes on when I power the printer up, then goes off

Woolwell 20:28 15 Apr 2012

What router do you have? Is it compatible with WPS push?

Woolwell 20:31 15 Apr 2012

Suggest that you follow Set up wifi instructions through.

s4rahlou 20:33 15 Apr 2012

Its a o2 router,im not too sure if it is compatible with WPS Push? It doesnt have any buttons on the router that you can press. I read somewhere that you press a button on the router for the WPS?

s4rahlou 20:37 15 Apr 2012

I was in the process of setting up the wifi, until I came across the bit where you have to hold the wifi button in for 3 seconds so the printer can connect to the laptop, but it doesn't connect as it looks like the wifi isn't on, on the printer, even though I am pushing the wifi button?

Woolwell 20:37 15 Apr 2012

In which case make sure that you follow the instructions in my second link.

Low on ink? Has it been used with another system or by USB?

Woolwell 20:39 15 Apr 2012

You may want to have a look at this

s4rahlou 20:41 15 Apr 2012

Those instructions on your link is the same as the steps you follow when Im installing the drivers with the disk supplied.

Yes the amber light is on for low inks, this is because it is a refurbished printer. Do you think because it is low on ink, this may be stopping me installing the wifi correctly?

I have not tried installing through a USB, only because you do not get supplied the cable, and I cannot find a cable in the house anywhere....typical!

s4rahlou 20:47 15 Apr 2012

I get up to stage 8 of the instructions you supplied on the link. Then its says to hold in the wifi button and it will start to flash as it is connecting, however I have no lights on the wifi section.

KRONOS the First 20:47 15 Apr 2012

I have recently bought and set up the exact same printer, in my case I set it up via the USB cable then used the supplied driver disk to setup the wifi and as far as I can recall,I had no problems and it is now listed as an attached printer and networked. Just follow the instruction in the user manual. No need to worry about ink,nothing to do with network.

Sent from my iPad.

s4rahlou 20:50 15 Apr 2012

Ah right, well as soon as my USB cable arrives I will try installing it that way. Was just abit concerned as the light wasn't flashing what so ever. However it definately works because it flashes when the printer is powered up at the start.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?