Wireless problems - irratic connection

Fullywired 15:47 14 Aug 2006

hi guys!

im having major trouble with my wireless internet. i am using a 3com 3CRWDR100A-72 and a safecom SWMULZ-5400 USB wireless adaptor. one computer downstairs is connected via RJ45 and running windows XP, most of the time this PC works fine on the internet except for the fact that sometimes it gets speeds at less than dial up athough this is because of talk talk.

my computer upstairs is connected wirelessly and sometimes works, other times it wont. i am using windows Vista beta 2 at present and the adaptor always has either a fair or good connection strength but weather it connects or not is completely irratic! sometimes it gives me limited connectivity, other times i have a local only connection and then occasionally it connets to the internet aswell. i have has occasions where its not even been able to detect the wireless network and i have to remove the adaptor, restart the PC and then plug the adaptor in again. even on windows XP i get the same results, not just on my PC but on a test PC i built this morning. the times i have noticed it disconnect specifically is when i view peoples webcam on Windows Live Messenger and when i try to start up soulseek. i have tries the adaptor in different USB ports (front and back) an even on an extension cable but still no joy. the IP Adresses are fixed and i have port forwarding is set up for soulseek.

thats all the info i can think of at the moment, any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Fully

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?