wireless problems !! help please!

gofer3332 18:23 22 Feb 2009

i use a gateway laptop and have the 3rd bt option (unlimited) . i always connect wirelessly .

this morning i was connected with no problems then my signal went!! when i search for networks theres nothing, not even the ones near by! i click diganose and repair and it says plug it into my hub to check for problems. i did that and it works the message says resolved but its not ,its resolved because its plugged in! duerrrrrrr! lol

can any one help???

Strawballs 21:11 22 Feb 2009

Start with the basics, has it got a switch for turning wireless off and on because my last laptop had one wich the cat walked on while the wife was using it and it took me a while to realise.

gofer3332 21:25 22 Feb 2009

on my laptop it ha a wireless button fn+f2 but it doesnt show if its on or off! ny way of finding out?

gofer3332 22:50 22 Feb 2009

its defo on!!!! not picking anything up grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Strawballs 23:02 22 Feb 2009

What O/S is this with ? if XP or Vista find wireless card in the device manager and uninstall it then reboot.

gofer3332 23:38 22 Feb 2009

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
that worked,didnt even think of that, if ur ever in north walsham,norfolk there a pint for ya! chhers

Strawballs 01:08 24 Feb 2009

Just glad to have helped now please click the resolved box thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?