wireless problems

jonostar 14:38 05 Oct 2009

hello . i have a belkin wireless g router.. a speedtouch dsl modem . in cyrpus trying to connect a windows vista premium laptop .. it wont allow me to connect .. can some one tell me a definative way to connect this up..??? do i bypass the speed touch modem ?? i have no idea.. at one stage i had the laptop seeing the belkin but wouldnt connect because it says the computer settings dont match the network??? any help greatly appreciated

woodchip 16:33 05 Oct 2009

Does the Router Have a Modem Built into it? if it does Why the speedtouch frog. You should just use the Router. Go to Setup Page using you Internet Browser, put the Router Address into Address Bar in Browser then press enter You will get a page like Password admin type admin press enter load your isp settings into router including your password and user name, you should do the above using the Ethernet cable supplied with the router to do the above. Instructions for doing the above should be in a Readme File on the CD NO DRIVERS NEEDED

jonostar 16:20 07 Oct 2009

thanks woodchip// im over in cyprus .. how do i obtain router address.. i know the isp address.. i think the modem has a rouer in it..how would i tell.. thmodel number f5d7239-4

many thanks

rawprawn 16:31 07 Oct 2009

the Belkin default address is 192.168.2.1

rawprawn 16:56 07 Oct 2009

This may be worth a read click here

jonostar 09:59 09 Oct 2009

i put the address in .. took me to a belkin page but didnt know what to do from there.... my laptop showed limited connectivity..the belkin light for the internet doesnt light green like the rest.. just dont know what to do .....

woodchip 13:34 09 Oct 2009

Belkin Page is built into the Router, its not on the Net. Type admin in to get into the page, for settings and setup

jonostar 13:34 09 Oct 2009

jonostar 13:36 09 Oct 2009

so do i keep the existing modem in the loop and connect it to the wireless. or just find the wireless with the laptops onboard wirelss.. many thanks

woodchip 15:27 09 Oct 2009

no take the modem out just use the router with built in modem. to do the settings in the router you need to connect to it using the supplied ethernet cable

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?