wireless problems

man of steel11 20:31 16 Sep 2007

hi every one...i have been trying to set up a wireless connection on my daughters pc,but i hit this snag...everytime i try to connect to IE...it comes back with this error......iexplore.exe-application error.....The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the application at location 0x7c812a5b...then i get this....Runtime error 217 at 03A5F48E...any help would be brilliant..beacause it meens i get to keep my daughter away from my pc..lol...thx again peeps in advance..m.o.s

Acx 21:40 16 Sep 2007

Try Firefox and see what happens

click here

STREETWORK 21:45 16 Sep 2007

This looks like buggy software causing a conflict with the set up and could be caused by a several things.

The first thing to do would be to stop all unnecessary software from running. Look in the 'start' menu and delete anything you have running there. Reboot the PC and then try again to make the connection.

Not working, try this...

Delete any other connections from Control Panel, Internet Connections. Run the New Connection wizard and see if this works.

Run Time Error 217 can be any software including IE7, so reinstall IE7 over the top of the existing installation and this could be the culprit.

Next, if not working try the registry checker at click here or click here

This will check for problems with the Registry and locate any Runtime Problems...

man of steel11 23:25 16 Sep 2007

hi peeps ..thx for the advice..ile try them later & get back to you with the results..m.o.s

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017