Wireless problem!

fender29 17:29 27 Jan 2007

I have a laptop and a pc which are both connected to the net via a belkin G plus mimmo router and then through ntl cable broadband. the pc connection is cabled, whilst the laptop is wireless. the problem i am having is that the laptop connection keeps dropping out, and then it wont find the wireless connection again, even if i am only a foot away! I never had a problem before, but upgraded the router, and since, it has been nothing but problems. Usualy i would say it is the fault of the router (aint broke..blah blah blah fix it), but when i refresh the network connections - i normally see my neighbours BT homehub - but even this is flickering in and out of the refresh list.
My question is - is has anyone had problems with this router before? or is it my network card?

Thanks

Pressure_tester 18:08 27 Jan 2007

I have had similar problems, however using Netgear DG834G, wired computer and wireless Dell laptop on a BT line.
I found that if I place the cordless phone beside the laptop it scrambles the signal. Took a few occurrences for me to make the connecetion so to speak.
I am led to believe that both use similar RF frequencies and occasionally they have an RF 'argument'.
I fixed it by turning off the Netgear, and laptop.
Then turned on the Netgear - let if configure itself - then turned on the laptop and if found the signal. The laptop is 2m from the Netgear.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?