Wireless printing problem

shellship 17:30 11 Mar 2011

Daughter's set up is Win XP SP3, Office 2003 and a wireless HP Photosmart Premium. Printing wirelessly fine until last week then unable to print. Tried unistalling and reinstalling a couple of times - no joy. Ran network wixard on printer - still no joy. Printer is fine with USB cable. Any ideas, please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:05 11 Mar 2011

Check router can see printer.

shellship 20:53 11 Mar 2011

Thanks. Test on printer states that Wireless is working and that it is connected. It detects two wireless networks. On its screen it has facility to connect to something on the internet but after a while says no connection. How do I check that printer can see router. (BT Home Hub)

shellship 15:30 17 Mar 2011

Bump, please.

raziel08 20:32 17 Mar 2011

I had a similar issue with my Lexmark printer and router not too long ago. working fine and then nothing.

This took a while to fix - first uninstall all the software and remove the printer from printers and faxes.

Also remove the drivers - go to printers & faxes - file - server properties and drivers. Select the driver for your printer and select remove.

With the printer switched on and on the network does it have an indicator that it is able to connect to the network?

Print out a network info\configuration page and find the ip address for the printer. put this into IE and this will show you the web interface.

On here should be a list of devices currently set up with the printer - remove the machine that doesn't work. Reboot

Then with both the machine and the printer switched on - run the installation again. it should now re-assign an IP address to the printer which should now start working.

shellship 15:06 18 Mar 2011

Many thanks. At my home now but will copy this page to daughter to see if it helps.

shellship 15:31 18 Mar 2011

Sent this page and got this reply:-
"I managed to get it sorted. I went on the website and found a phone number and then spoke to a very helpful man. It is all sorted."
Well done HP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires