wireless printing help needed

Bike-it 23:18 25 Nov 2009

I have a Dell laptop a Netgear router and a Lexmark wireless printer, sometimes when the printer is printing the internet drops connection,and i cannot then print, anyone here know why this might be happening, and how i can solve this.

ambra4 03:35 26 Nov 2009

“When the printer is printing the Internet drops connection, and I cannot then print”

The Internet dropping should not have any thing to do with printing from the laptop

it seems that you are losing the connection between the computer and the router on the

“Local Area Network”

You need to check that the “Local Wireless Connection” from the laptop to the router is

correct

Disconnect the broadband line from the phone jack; now check that the laptop can print

to the printer if signal is dropping check that the wireless router and the wireless card on

the laptop is set up correct

Once you have a good working “Local Network” Laptop to printer, laptop to other

Computers (if any) all computer can print via the router you can plug back in the

broadband line to the router

Or you can set up a Ad Hoc Wireless Network to the printer which will allow you to print

directly to the wireless printer from the laptop without the router

Take a read on how to set up an Ad Hoc Network

click here

This might also help as not sure what OS you have on the laptop

“How to set up an Ad hoc network in Windows XP & Windows Vista”

click here

worcesterman47 22:55 26 Nov 2009

i had the same kind of problem with my laptop disconnecting..the problem was that i was using a video sender for tv to tv which used the same signal as the broadband connection...i changed the channel in my router from auto to channel 7...now works fine..i may be wrong but i reckon its worth a try

woodchip 23:07 26 Nov 2009

Internet should not have anything to do with Wireless Printing as the Print Job just goes to Router then to Printer. So it does not leave your house

PS what kind of Printer are you printing to as a Laser Printer needs memory to print from this is built into the Printer

Bike-it 23:08 26 Nov 2009

Thanks folks.
i will try changing channel first, will i need to be connected to the router with the Ethernet cable?

worcesterman47 23:23 26 Nov 2009

i changed the channel thru my desktop pc...only because i could not connect thru the laptop..but you should be able to change the router channel number settings thru the laptop..but remember to click on accept( after changing channel number )..before you log off the router

Bike-it 23:26 26 Nov 2009

Woodchip, the printer is a Lexmark inkjet

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?