Wireless printing HELP ! :-)

197owonky 11:34 09 Jan 2007

I have a wireless bt 2091 router a main computer and a wireless lap top, I am unable to network them together wirelessly, so am unable to print from my lap top... do I need extra hardware for what I am trying to do? I have tried the wizards, looking at settings and even Norton to see if that is blocking it... I can network via a cable, and can get internet on both computers... What am I doing wrong, It's getting personal now.... hope for some advice as insanity is settttttting in! (On the wizard it says to load settings onto a flash reader, done this,and vis versa with both computers.. it also says to load into router and it will flash upon completion but i cannot see how to do this, there is no USB hole...)AGHHHA ! ! Naomi

recap 11:37 09 Jan 2007

Have you installed the Printer drivers on all systems to be networked?

197owonky 11:44 09 Jan 2007

Hello,thanks for your interest!! yes printer drivers are installed, the lap top prints ok when networked via a cable.

terryf 11:52 09 Jan 2007

Have you tried uninstalling all networks and network cards and setting up again from scratch, ist on the main computer and getting that to work with the router, then setup the laptop and getting that to work with the router uninstall printers and re-install, then share printers on the main PC

197owonky 12:01 09 Jan 2007

Hi Terry, OK will try that tonight when I am home, it's silly, but it's all a bit scary as at least it works at the moment internet wise... I always worry that by uninstalling it I will bugger it up completely. Thanks for the help.

recap 12:09 09 Jan 2007

click here
and scroll down to "Share and Share Alike", follow the instructions to hopefully connect your printer.

197owonky 12:11 09 Jan 2007

Regardsless of my print situation, should I not be able to network the computers through this bt 2091 router ?? one they are networked, I guess the printing will come together easily.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?