wireless printing

dvdcllns 08:44 27 Jan 2010

I have a HP PSC 2355, at present connected to a desktop via USB running Vista Home.
Is there a way to make this printer a 'wireless' machine so the desktop does not have to be booted up or left running to use the printer? Other machines on the network use various OS, ie Vista, 7 & Xp. I understand if it can be set up the necessary drivers will have to be installed oneach other computer. Is this so? I also suspect that the 'wireless' functions will probably be limited to printing and not include scanning etc; this is not a concern.

awest3 08:53 27 Jan 2010

I also own one of these printers and investigated 'making it wireless' so to speak. It was already set up through sharing so my wifes PC could use it, this of course meant my PC had to be on for it to be used. I found that you need to buy a 'print server' to make this happen. One possible choice below. click here

This article explained how.
click here

In the end my wife bought herself a wifi printer so did not need to take this any further.

Sea Urchin 10:20 27 Jan 2010

Please don't post the same problem twice - stick with the one thread. Mark one of them as resolved.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017