Wireless Printing

Trojan 21:16 07 Nov 2007

Hi I have a Medion wi-fi laptop running Windows vista home premium,I connect to my broadband connection with a BT Voyager 2110 ADSL wireless router,my printer is Epson RX 500,I want to be able to print wireless to my printer can anyone tell me what kit I need and how do I set it up,I am thinking of using a Belkin wireless G all in one print server is that all I need?or is that to simple,appreciate any help, cheers.

mikesuther 14:45 12 Nov 2007

Hi you can get a wireless print server or if you get a wired print server and connect it hardwired to the router, then that would do the job. I do not have an Epsom printer but i do have a Brother Laser Priner with a network port (model 2070n) and i use a HP printer again with a network port. I have both connected to my Belkin wireless router via the 4 lan connections on the back of the router. The reason I sugest this is due to the router being able to be placed anywhere in the house, ear to a phone socket. I hope this helps

Trojan 16:22 13 Nov 2007

Hi mikesuther thanks for your reply I will try your suggestion and let you know how I get on,cheers.

Trojan 21:05 27 Nov 2007

Hi here is how I did it,bought an Edimax PS-1206MF print server connected ethernet cable to the server then to my voyager 2110,usb cable from MFPrinter to server installed drivers and software from CD that came with server,did not work at first after some research and messing with settings I uninstalled the drivers and software thinking the drivers were not for vista,downloaded the application for vista from the Edimax web site now everything works fine,printing wirelessly from my laptop anyware to my Epson stylus RX500 photo,hope this helps others with wireless printing.

Trojan 16:01 14 Jan 2008

Edimax still works well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?