Wireless printing

jim63 20:10 26 Aug 2007

I have looked at all the threads on this but cannot make sense of how to do it.
I have a Asus laptop with Vista and Belkin wireless router. How or what do I need to be able to print from laptop to Epson C66 printer via wireless.

Taff™ 20:15 26 Aug 2007

The C66 is not wireless enabled so it must be connected up to another computer which is switched on and set up for file and printer sharing. The only other way is to buy a wireless print server something like this click here

woodchip 20:17 26 Aug 2007

You ether Have to have another Computer with the Printer connected to it, The Comp as to be on for it to work, And they Would be Networked. Only other way is to Have a Wireless printer that can be connected to the DSL Router

jim63 17:41 30 Sep 2007

How do I set up desktop PC to be able print wireless from laptop

woodchip 18:47 30 Sep 2007

If you have a XP computer, Turn both Computers and Printers on. Then on the XP computer go to Control Panel Double click on Networking Wizard follow what it says and create a disc when it asks. You will need to put this in the other computer when XP as run the Wizard to the end. then on the disc double click on the one file that is on the disc, this will setup the other computer. After that in Windows Explorer All Files and folders will have a Extra Sharing Tab when you right click on them You can set sharing on what you want. On the Computer that's connected by Ethernet Wire to Router go to Start\Settings\Printers then right click on any printer you want to share

jim63 09:11 01 Oct 2007

Both my Laptop and Desktop are Vista.Will the same instructions as XP work with Vista

woodchip 10:47 01 Oct 2007

I think you should be OK using the Same wizared in Vista

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?