wireless printing

flash1953 12:34 19 Mar 2007

i have a windows xp professional edition p/c with a h/p7660 printer installed i have just bought a laptop with windows visat premium installed i use a belkin router attached to my p/c to search wirelessly on the web i want to print from my laptop to the printer attached to my p/c upstairs any ideas please on how to do this i have tried without success

Forum Editor 23:38 19 Mar 2007

click here

to do the job - it works like a dream.

Strawballs 01:41 20 Mar 2007

The other way is to run the network wizard on both machines (not wireless wizard) and enable file and printer sharing, then on the laptop go to printers >add a printer> network printer> browse untill you find the printer and choose it.

If you can't access it the chances are it will be caused by a firewall on the XP machine with the printer.

Strawballs 01:44 20 Mar 2007

Forgot to say this way the PC with the printer attached will have to be swithched on and the print server way it won't because the printer will be connected to the server not the other PC.

rutolander 17:45 20 Mar 2007

I have an Epsom printer (rx 620) I have tried using the wizard on the laptop which finds the printer connected to the XP desktop but I get a message that say's "windows cannot connect to printer access is denied" same thing with all my firewalls switched off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?