wireless printing

toga 19:55 07 Oct 2006

I have a belkin wireless 6 usb model f1up0001 attached to a hp psc 2355 all-in-one printer.

I have a belkin dsl wireless router with a pc connected by ethernet cable, a laptop and a second pc connected to broadband wirelessly.

The hp printer is in a seperate room connected to the wireless print server. The print server can been seen by the 2 pc and the laptop but I cannot print from them.

The reason being that the printer is not on the compatability list for the belkin print server (I should have checked first). My question is, is there another way I can still get each machine to be able to print and how would I go about this?

PS hp have replied to my e-mail stating that the printer is not compatible for networking.

Any help would be apreaciated.

ade.h 20:14 07 Oct 2006

"My question is, is there another way I can still get each machine to be able to print and how would I go about this?"

Yes, if you don't use the print server and instead rely on a printer host. I know you didn't want to hear that.

click here

Spark6 23:57 07 Oct 2006

Your response was not very constructive or helpful.

toga: some weeks ago I purchased a D-Link printer server, and, because my Epson D88 was not on their 'compatable' list, I sought advice from Epson. Surprise, surprise, their *advice* was about as much use as the proverbial teapot. Their recommended servers, obviously intended for large business use, would have cost me at least five times what I had paid for the D-Link.

You know what? It works a treat!!!

T0SH 13:44 08 Oct 2006

If your Belkin wireless print server supports the Netbeui network protocol, it should be possible to set it up to use any model of printer

I had problems with an Edimax Wireless print server their tech support said it could not be made to work with my Samsung ML-1201 but using Netbeui it does work perfectly but it will not work using the TCPIP protocol

Check the setup manual for supported protocals other than TCPIP I think most will allow you to get it working

Cheers HC

toga 15:11 08 Oct 2006

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, I had to go to work. Thanks for the tips I will give them a try and post my results.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?