Wireless printer & hard drive connection

C64 10:20 03 Aug 2007

Hoping somebody can point me in the right direction. I am looking at connecting my laptop (running xp) to my printer via the router. I know I need a wireless printer adpater, but is there a device that can do this and allow access to an external hard drive. Is it even possible to access the hard drive over a wireless network?

Cheers in advance for your help.

ambra4 13:25 03 Aug 2007

Is there a second PC hard wire to the router, or are you just using the wireless router to access the Internet

If there a second PC hard wired, just install printer as a local printer and allow sharing on the network the same would apply to the hard drive.

If no second PC you will need a wireless printer adapter, not to sure you could wireless access the hard drive

The simply way is to connect the hard drive to the laptop via a USB port

Do some research on the Internet before buying the equipment?

Check out this site

click here

C64 15:56 03 Aug 2007

Unfortunately I only have the one computer. I'll have a look for a wireless printer adapter and make do accessing my music and photos when sitting next to the hard drive.

Cheers again for your help.

ambra4 18:48 03 Aug 2007

C64

The Belkin F1UP0002UK Wireless G All-In-One Print Server looks like a good buy and the price is the best on this site prices range from 55-65 on other site delivered

click here

qitaal 15:57 17 Aug 2007

I am using 80 gig Freecom classic sl network drive, i have pc hard wired and laptop wireless and can read and write to the drive via both. It also has security features where if any other pc connected to the network it can't have access to the drive without authorisation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?